Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ugh!

I haven't been sleeping well. I just can't sleep through muscle spasms. Who knew?
So I feel weak. Last night I went for coffee with some friends, which was great fun. I didn't drink caffeine because of the hour, but I did have an unfortunate muscle spasm. It was so bad that my heart started racing and beating really hard. Not fun.

So at my lesson today... I was wiped. I still had the desire, but it felt like pulling teeth to coordinate myself. My gracious teacher noticed that I was feeling like less than myself and gave me some great ideas to combat the situation. Great suggestions like "Gravol". I forgot about "Gravol". I'm not a bath person but to have a hot, relaxing bath is a stellar idea too.

He tried to make a light hearted serious joke with me today about how emotionally draining retraining these core technical things can be. Myself, as the ever desirous person to laugh that I am, made a joke right back. I don't think he got it though. The dynamic with a new voice teacher is so interesting for the first year. Never really sure where the boundaries are with each other, getting to understand the other persons history. As a voice teacher myself I always found that first year with a student to be a test year. For some students it might take less or more. He'll get me yet.

So then my plan tonight is to listen to some Schubert, and go to bed early. What will I actually do? Download music and Facebook is what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment