Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's just pickles... wow

Last Wednesday I was at bowling with some friends. I was eating one of the alley's delicious burgers because they are delicious and I needed dinner. I took the pickles off and put them on the side of the plate. Some guy noticed me take the pickles off and he asked why, so I told him.
I LOVED my grandma's pickles growing up. She made them from the cucumbers that grew in her back yard. They were so good that all other pickles I've tried just don't compare to hers. So instead of being constantly disappointed in something that I considered trivial I just don't bother to eat pickles anymore. He then called me a difficult and high maintenance woman.
I didn't realize having a pickle preference made me difficult and high maintenance. I wasn't whining or complaining about it, I just simply put them to the side of my burger while I was putting on mustard and mayo. I even offered them to him, and he ate them while I told him why I don't bother with pickles anymore.
It's just pickles... wow.

1 comment: