Saturday, November 7, 2009

Todays mantra.

So i need to find a strong mantra to keep going after singing in master-class and really putting myself out there for everyone to see... it's not pretty guys. I'm at a very awkward stage. It felt like ass. I made the joke that it sounded to me like a donkey baying... but what I really meant is that it felt like the sound was shit that was spewing from my mouth... how lovely. I am so uncomfortable with singing now. It is not fun anymore. I liked it before because it felt like a conduit to express and share, now it feels like the opposite. I really am not enjoying the process. I must find some new avenue or way of approaching this change in technique. My throat feels so caged, so much tension. How in the hell did I get accepted into school? Sure the vibrancy is more even but nothing about it is comfortable anymore, and I think it sounds strangled.

So here it is. Todays mantra...
"The only real limits on your potential are the ones you put on yourself. If something is standing in your way, find another route."

No comments:

Post a Comment