Monday, August 24, 2009

So tomorrow is a new lesson

I am going into my lesson tomorrow with the practise from this past week. I worked on my onsets. I guess my over blown onsets (surprise to me - I thought my onsets were good) were contributing to my vocal fatigue much more than I realized. I feel so fresh this week after practising for two hours. Before, I was done after two hours.

He gave me hints on my posture too. I know after the car accident last summer, I was left with back, shoulder, and neck pain. This new posture pointed out something that I was actively trying to fix in myself, but I could not find on my own. I hope I have been emulating his advice well. Breaking old habits is hard. I don't feel comfortable in the new posture. It feels weird. I feel so... centered. I know I should be, but new body positions call a myriad of question into play. How do I breath in this new posture? Is my sternum still raised? My resonance feels weird now? What do I do with my head? ...

Isn't that just the case when it comes to breaking old habits? Oh the joy of learning and being a dynamic creature.

Did I mention that this will be my second lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment